PASSAGES - Womens’ Mentorship Program
The Ontario Tennis Association has partnered with Inspire Through Sport to deliver the PASSAGES Womens' Mentorship Program. PASSAGES is a 10-month program (March 2022 to December 2022) which will provide training, mentorship, leadership development and certification to 30 (thirty) girls and women ages 15+ in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Program participants will be certified in either Tennis Instructors or Introduction to Officiating. Group classes/seminars led by industry experts will provide knowledge and training in goal setting, discipline, safe sport, work-life balance, financial management, career planning, on-court skills development and so much more.
- Cost: $150
(Includes the certification course (Coaching or Officiating) and ALL program content (approx. 60 hours of mentorship/training, assignments and worksheets)
- The program is delivered via 50% online sessions and 50% in-person regroupings
- Additional development opportunities will be available to all participants through apprenticeship placements with the OTA and affiliated community tennis programs.
- All in-person components and apprenticeship placements will be located in the Greater Toronto Area.
- All participants must adhere to the OTA’s Vaccination Policy
- APPLY ONLINE HERE (note Google/Gmail account needed to access the form)
- Minimum Age: 15 years old
- Level of Play
- Officiating Stream: All levels accepted
- Coaching Stream: 3.0 or higher (Note: a video demonstrating your execution of skills (forehand, backhand, serve, volley) will be required on the application).
- References are an asset
- Any questions? Please contact: email@example.com
- Passages updates will be posted on www.tennisontario.com under the Coaches tab
PASSAGES is made possible thanks to the support of the Ontario Trillium Foundation (OTF), a leading grantmaker in Canada.
Inspire Through Sport is founded by Tennis Canada trained coaches Nikki Carnovale and Rachel Gould. Inspire aims to create a collaborative environment that brings young women together to learn, grow, and lead. The organization is designed to provide programs, courses, resources, and hands-on experience, to foster inspirational leadership development.