Aforza (formerly The Tennis Academy and located in Calgary) is looking to hire a Tennis Director.
The Tennis Director reports to the Executive Director.
The Tennis Director is responsible for the successful delivery of all tennis related activities at Aforza.
He/she will be tasked with managing the coaching staff and creating a positive team environment.
Creating and managing the tennis department budget will be a major part of the Director’s duties.
- Attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Team Player
- Good Communication skills
- Decision Making
- Well Organized
- Problem Solver
1) Coach Staff Management
- Oversee all new coach hires and dismissals in conjunction with Executive Director
- Responsible for the onboarding of all new coaching staff (training and orientation)
- Create and monitor all coach schedules for programs and private lessons
- Run department meetings with relevant coaches on a regular basis
- Follow up and ensure that coaches are following annual plans and guidelines
- Ensures coaches are following all club rules
- Perform annual reviews for coaching staff (January)
2) Programs and Events
- Responsible for the development and promotion of all junior and adult programming
- Schedule and communicate with all Block Booking groups
- Oversee all club tournaments (coordinate timing, prizes, staffing & scheduling)
- Manage Inter Club teams (budget and planning)
- Plan and organize Club Champs and social events for members
- Responsible to enter the tennis department’s items in Aforza’s Master Planning Schedule
- Be aware of new initiatives from TC and TA and integrate them into our club programming
- Attend and contribute to Leadership Team meetings
- Manage program budgets and pricing
- Monitor court usage
- Oversee registration and rosters
- Ensure adequate promotion of players, programs and events through our social media, newsletters and signage at the club
- Coordinate and collaborate with other departments
- A minimum of Tennis Canada level 3 coach or equivalent
- The ability to play at a 5.0 level or higher as per the Canadian Self Rating Guide
- Minimum of 10 years of coaching experience
- Comfortable speaking to both small and large groups
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Good Leadership skills
- High school diploma or equivalent – University degree preferred
- Ability to attend director meetings and lead department meetings.
- Able to stand or move on a tennis court for 4 hours in a row
- 75% of the Director’s time should be focused on the administrative side of the business (i.e. dealing with member and guest issues, managing coaching staff, creating and monitoring budgets, planning and implementing programs and running special events)
- 25% of the time should be spent coaching on court
- Aforza offers a competitive compensation package that is commensurate with qualifications and
experience. Although playing ability and coaching experience are valuable qualifications, the ideal
candidate will have excellent organizational and administrative skills and must be a charismatic leader
with great interpersonal qualities.
- Aforza is an equal-opportunity employer. We are proud of our diversity and are committed to fostering a
working environment where everyone feels welcome. If you are good at what you do, come as you are!