About the Club: Don Mills Tennis Club is a six court, City of Toronto, permitted community tennis club. We proudly operate Don Mills Tennis Club and are committed to providing a safe and healthy experience to all tennis patrons. Under the direction of the Board, tennis court monitors assure that the club operates in a welcoming, professional and efficient manner. We have been active in the Don Mills/Lawrence area for over 50 years and have a large active membership.
Job Description: The Court Monitors will be available for the 2023 summer outdoor tennis season and will report to the Clubhouse Director.
- Answer members inquiries
- Responsible for checking memberships, collecting guest fees, and answering telephones
- Assist with Club Events
- Manage court bookings
- Regularly monitor conditions ensuring the tennis courts are in an acceptable state
- Perform minor maintenance as necessary to enhance court experience (sweeping leaves, drying courts, collecting garbage etc.)
- Compile regular reports as may be required within scheduled requirements
- Facilities management – open/close/maintain clubhouse, courts and patio area
- Oversee inventory supplies and report to the Club House Coordinator
- Enforce rules and follow policies and procedures that ensure the safe, effective and efficient operation of the tennis facility.
- Report any issues related to facility operations, court maintenance and safety to the Board members
- Clears all patrons out of the facility during an electrical storm, tornado warning or other emergency situations
- Perform other duties as assigned or directed by either the President or Club House Coordinator
- Keeping the club house clean and tidy, empty garbage/recycling inside and outside, sweeping/mopping floors/ keeping kitchen clean and tidy
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and hygiene of the washroom facilities.
- Strives at all times, to maintain positive relations between himself/herself, tennis staff, tennis patrons and the community.
- Work independently
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Organized and attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Familiar with the basic rules of tennis
- Be professional, courteous, and tactful
- Current Red Cross or equivalent certification in CPR, and First Aid preferred.
- One  written recommendation for employment attesting to the applicant's ability to perform the duties of tennis court worker; his/her/their dependability and character.
- Previous experience in tennis preferred, but not required.
- Covid vaccinated (at least 2 vaccinations)
Job Type: Part-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 5 months; Expected start date: April 29, 2023 till club closing Oct. 12/23
Schedule: weekdays: afternoon/ evenings till 11 p.m. and weekend availability ~ 9 a.m -1 p.m.
Work Location: Don Mills Tennis Club, [Don Mills/Lawrence area] 120 Bond Ave, North York, ON. M3B 1C9
Application deadline: February, 28, 2023
Please e-mail your CV to - firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest, only those who are being considered will be contacted.