Junior Tennis Coach
Ontario Racquet Club
Ontario Racquet Club is recognized by Tennis Canada as a gold badge facility. They have proudly held this status for over 10 years and consistently produce National Champions on an annual basis. Established in 1975, ORC is one of the largest family sports clubs in Canada. They are a multi-sport, family-friendly facility located on the border of Oakville and Mississauga in Ontario.
ORC’s Tennis Department includes a large team of coaches, so the ideal candidate will be a team player and ready to step in to help facilitate the club's programs. They will have good experience successfully working with a diverse clientele of junior players. The coach will be energetic on court and will focus on making tennis fun and approachable to players of different ages and abilities. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of ORC’s Tennis Director, Yves Boulais, along with other Tennis Department leaders.
What you’ll bring to ORC
- Tennis Canada certified Instructor or higher
- Proficiency in working with juniors of all levels, especially youth aged 5-12
- Strong playing level - a former college player or similar experience would be desirable but not necessary
- Experience working with and utilizing Progressive Tennis methodology
- Must be punctual, reliable, and show a high level of professionalism, both on and off court
- Must be available to work in our Summer Performance Programs (summer camp schedule)
- Valid First Aid/CPR certification - there are opportunities throughout the year to update your CPR in-house
- Valid TPA Membership
- High performance coaching experience would be considered an asset
What ORC can offer you
- Access to our private club and its amenities, including indoor pool, 2 gyms, and numerous fitness classes
- Discounted food for on-site dining
- Excellent opportunities for growth and mentorship with some of the best coaches in Southern Ontario
- Opportunity to join a vibrant club with an active and growing tennis clientele
Please submit your resume to Stephanie Schnobel, Tennis Office Lead, at email@example.com
The Ontario Racquet Club is an equal-opportunity employer. Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
"Ontario Racquet Club is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for all stakeholders including our clients/customers, employees, job applicants, suppliers, and any visitors who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we respect and uphold the requirements set forth under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations. Ontario Racquet Club understands that we have a responsibility to ensure a safe, dignified, and welcoming environment for everyone. We are committed to ensuring our organization's compliance by incorporating accessibility legislation into our policies, procedures, equipment requirements, training, and best practices. We will review these policies and practices annually, as organizational changes occur, or in anticipation of compliance deadlines. In addition, we will strive to meet the needs of individuals with disabilities in a timely and effective manner.
Providing an accessible and barrier-free environment is a shared effort, and as an organization, the Ontario Racquet Club is committed to working with the necessary parties to make accessibility for all a reality".