Philpott Children’s Tennis
$20 to $25/hr
Philpott Children’s Tennis is proud of its long history of promoting health, physical and moral well-being among Toronto’s inner-city youth through its skill and leadership development programs.
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Head Instructor for our summer program (July 4 - August 25, 2023). As the Head Instructor, you will be responsible for developing and implementing high-quality instructional programs for students of all ages and skill levels.
Philpott Children’s Tennis operates out of 18 different sites across the city of Toronto. We will do our best to place coaches at their site of preference but please understand that this is not always possible.
The Head Instructor’s primary responsibility is to design and administer a quality summer tennis program at their designated site in a professional, courteous and enthusiastic manner.
Interview will be held at at L’Amoreaux Tennis Centre located at 300 Silver Springs Blvd, Scarborough
- He/she is expected to organize and prepare lessons for each day of instruction.
- Arrive at 8:45 am to set up and organize equipment, take attendance
- Provide accurate attendance, incident and equipment inventory reports
- Store equipment and first aid kits securely
- Report concerns/problems immediately to the Summer Program Director or Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor
2) Public Relations
- Liaise with the Parks & Recreation (or other) representative on site
- Wear shirts provided by Philpott when instructing
- When appropriate, speak with parents and prospective students
- Encourage children to bring friends and introduce them to tennis
3) Instruction and Coaching
- Prepare daily/weekly lesson plans
- Plan and execute each day’s lessons with suitable progressions and drills to meet the needs of the children and the group
- Manage Assistant Instructor (s) and volunteers and ensure they are engaged contributing to the program
- Ensure that a safe environment is maintained at the court site (i.e. not playing on wet courts)
- Report safety problems immediately to local Parks, Forestry & Recreation representative and to the Summer Program Director or Assistant
- Be knowledgeable about the emergency procedures of the community centre
Minimum Requirements (must have by the starting date):
- Level 1 (Instructor) OTA Coaching Certificate
- Emergency First Aid certificate
- High Five training
- Clean police reference check: www.torontopolice.on.ca/recordsmanagement/clearance.php
If you are interested applying for a Head Instructor position with Philpott Children’s Tennis Please Click Here: https://philpottchildrenstennis.org/head-instructor/