Swansea Tennis Club
About the Club
Swansea Tennis Club is a family-friendly, not-for-profit, community tennis club located at 1 Rennie Terrace, Toronto. Four hard surface tennis courts are owned and ultimately controlled by the City of Toronto. The Swansea Tennis Club partners with the City of Toronto to receive preferential access to the courts in exchange for managing the courts and running various programs promoting tennis. The Club collects membership fees, manages an annual budget and is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by the membership each year.
The club operates annually between April – October.
Swansea Community Tennis Club is looking for a Court Attendant, who will be working from April 15 to October 31, 2024, with the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate member introduction
- Shoe-tag distribution
- Manage court bookings
- Enforce club booking rules and policies
- Supervise use of grounds by members, guests and public
- Coordinate member to member social activities
- Court Maintenance
- Ensure correct members are playing on their booked courts
- Assist during on-site events/programs
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of courts
- Inform the Court Master of all incidents which require a report.
- Other duties as required
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Friendly, caring, punctual, reliable, willingness to improve, and energetic
- Flexible schedule
- Able to follow direction
- Intermediate level of tennis play
- Customer service experience is an asset (not mandatory)
- Comfortable being outdoors in the heat and/or at nighttime
The court attendant will be working around 30-35/week (able to work evenings and weekends). These hours will be shared with other attendant(s)
Please submit your resume to email@example.com. Thank you for your consideration about this position!