Unionville Tennis Club (UTC)
April - October
Negotiable (hours and remuneration to be finalized with successful candidate)
Unionville Tennis Club (UTC) is a not-for-profit community-based club with 9 outdoor courts (6 hard and 3 clay) that offers a wide range of programs and activities for both the recreational and competitive tennis players. The club is looking for a mature and responsible candidate for the position of Clubhouse Manager.
This is a seasonal position for the 2023 season (April to October). The successful candidate must be flexible/accessible on evenings and weekends.
- Supervise monitors. Hire and train new monitors.
- Communicate and ensure monitors are up to date on the club rules and policies.
- Schedule monitor shifts, review and approve timesheets for payroll.
- Maintain inventory for all clubhouse supplies and communicate weekly with club volunteers for purchase of supplies (by volunteers).
- Ensure monitors have all necessary items (keys/ admin privileges/alarm codes etc).
- Resolve (with assistance from volunteer board members) clubhouse issues, and member concerns/questions and monitor issues.
- Report and arrange for any clubhouse repairs, as noted by monitors/members/others
- Ensure that all courts, particularly clay courts are well maintained by the monitors
- Participate in the opening and closing of the clubhouse
- Ensure signages posted in the clubhouse are up to date and reflect club/board policy
- Ensure that the “monitor binder” is up to date and reflects club policies and contact information.
- Ensure the booking system is understood and enforced by monitors.
- Report/communicate with volunteer board members about any issues or concerns.
- Schedule monitor training including health/safety procedures and harassment policies
- Assist Board Volunteer in communication with City on garbage/recycling and other.
- Comfortable using the computer and mobile devices
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Knowledge of tennis and court maintenance is an asset
Please send your résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org