Tennis Club of Canada
Tennis Clubs of Canada is an innovative leader in providing affordable and accessible year-round tennis across Ontario. Their mission is to grow the game of tennis in the local communities by providing something for everyone. They focus on making a positive change, by facilitating and supporting individuals in staying physically active, developing new skills, and connecting with others, thus contributing to a healthier and happier future. As a company, they have a strong commitment to the team, and focus on creating an equitable, inclusive, and growth-oriented environment for people.
Club managers are accountable for every aspect of the tennis club’s operations, ensuring that all departments are performing to the highest standard, and are working together to provide a world-class experience for our members and students.
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Leadership and People Management
- Shape the culture of the club based on the company’s mission, vision, and values.
- Establish a supportive, productive, and collaborative environment for all team members.
- Manage talent acquisition by overseeing the hiring process, including recruitment, selection, and onboarding.
- Support ongoing learning and development of staff by providing direct feedback, training, mentoring, career path guidance, and addressing performance concerns.
2) Club Operations
- Make decisions to maintain the efficiency and effectiveness of the club’s operations.
- Maintain accurate financial records.
- Manage the club’s marketing and communications channels.
- Manage facility upkeep and maintenance.
3) Guest Experience
- Create a welcoming environment in which visitors and employees are greeted, informed, and directed in a warm, courteous, and professional manner.
- Ensure that all aspects of the club are operating to a standard that provides an excellent experience for all students and members.
- Resolve customer’s concerns and complaints in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Core Values
- Leadership: Is able and desires to lead, influence, and inspire others; motivates, empowers, develops, and directs people as they work.
- Friendliness/helpfulness: Energetic with a passion for people, a positive personality and a desire to help.
- Decision Making: Uses logic and reasoning to evaluate alternatives and make effective, timely decisions.
- Integrity/Honesty: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner.
- Adaptability/Agility: Tolerates uncertainty and ambiguity and can change priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Team Building: Creates and develops teams that maximize accomplishments; encourages unique contributions and different perspectives.
- Conflict resolution: able to solve problems effectively and resolve interpersonal matters.
- Strategic Thinking: Sets goals/strategies that are aligned to the vision and values of the company; considers the 'big picture' implications of decisions.
- Resilience: Remains persistent; recovers quickly from setbacks.
- Work experience in leadership or people management
Job Assests (I.E., Nice to have, not required)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience: 1 year of retail or sales-specific management experience
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Cameron at email@example.com