Assistant Tennis Professional
Sir Winston Churchil Park Tennis Club
The Assistant Tennis Professional will be available for the 2023 outdoor tennis season and will report to the Head Tennis Professional for the season beginning in April and ending in October. The ideal candidate will have an important role within the coaching team and must embody a passion for tennis, work well within a team environment as well as have the ability to work independently, run adult/junior clinics, maintain a flexible schedule to meet club demands and be available to coach daytime is a must as well as several nights a week and Saturdays. There will also be lots of opportunities and court time available to coach private lessons to the members based on allocated times and court availability. The ideal candidate has great communication/interpersonal skills with all age groups, ability to follow instructions, shows a desire and ability to improve the coaching standards and track record of having a positive effect on member’s lives and good participation retention. This position will be a great chance for someone who’s ready to coach a large(1000+ member club) and enthusiastic membership group, build strong relationships with those at the club, grow and develop as a coach and further their tennis career.
About the Club:
Sir Winston Churchill Park Tennis Club (SWCPTC), is a community tennis club. It is a non-profit organization that goes back over 50 years providing a safe, managed, and social environment for enthusiasts of tennis to the public. It is one of the largest outdoor community tennis clubs in Toronto city centre with 10 floodlit tennis courts and a keen and active membership.Our primary objective is to promote and maintain an interest in the game of tennis within the community. Our mission is to create an environment that fosters maximum participation, skill development and enjoyment through social, casual and competitive tennis.
- minimum Instructor, preference for Club Pro 1(equivalent)
- current and up to date TPA Certified with insurance proof(mandatory)
- experience coaching both adults and juniors in private and group lessons
- up to date Vulnerable Sector Police Background/Criminal Check
- current First Aid/CPR recommended
- friendly, caring, outgoing, punctual, reliable, willingness to improve, and physically ready for workload
- Flexibility to coach some early morning, ability to commit to daytime clinics, some nights, and Saturday morning to mid afternoon.
- ability to play with all levels up to 5.0
Please send your CV as well as any references to Ryan Chow email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest, only those who are being considered will be contacted. Listing will close when the position is filled.