Assistant Professional/Camp Coordinator
Rockcliffe Lawn Tennis Club
Rockcliffe Lawn Tennis Club invites qualified Tennis Professionals to apply for the Assistant Pro / Camp Coordinator role for the upcoming season. They are seeking a certified & experienced coach for approximately 30+ hours per week from May - October 2024. The coach will deliver quality instruction and programming for adults and juniors, including group and private lessons, camps and clinics.
Wanless Park Community Tennis Club (The “Club”) is a seasonal not-for-profit community tennis club located in Toronto near Yonge and Lawrence. Wanless has five (5) lit, well-maintained hard courts and a climate-controlled clubhouse.
About the Club
The Rockcliffe Lawn Tennis Club (RLTC), is a private-members club with four premium-grade HarTru clay and four hard-surface courts nestled under an abundant tree canopy. We offer a wide range of programming for all ages and levels, including private lessons, weekly clinics, round-robins, ladders matches, and tournaments. As well as after-school programs and summer camps for junior tennis development. The RLTC is a welcoming, family-friendly club dedicated to embracing the sport of tennis, encouraging active living, and enhancing our sense of community.
- A qualified coach is a teacher, mentor and role model for any club, and ultimately helps people discover and nurture a passion for tennis. RLTC is seeking qualified Tennis Coaches who can:
- Teach fundamental skills, techniques and strategies to enhance players’ performance
- Deliver consistent quality lessons in a safe and secure learning environment.
- Play a key role in delivering current junior and adult programming.
- Plan, manage and deliver after school and summer camps for kids.
- Conduct group and individual tennis lessons for various ages and skill levels.
- Provide quality leadership and a positive, highly visible, and engaging style with accessible and approachable personality.
- Attend/Assist with Social Events when needed.
- Initiate and maintain open dialog with Dan Vila - RLTC Tennis Director
- Learn to use Club Automation (lesson & court booking system)
- Be personable & outgoing with the ability to engage members of all ages and playing levels.
- Provide members and guests with an environment that meets the values of the Club.
Experience & Requirements
- Tennis Canada Club Professional 1 or higher certification.
- Minimum 5 years experience coaching tennis.
- Member in good standing with the Tennis Professionals Association.
- Current First Aid certification.
- Strong leadership and communication skills including effective resolution skills.
- Passionate for the sport, with an energetic & dynamic personality to engage players.
- Strong relationship building, conflict resolution and customer service skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with students, parents and RLTC staff.
- Good organizational and administration skills; accustomed to using online resources/ software for booking camps and lessons.
- High degree of reliability and flexibility
- Revenue-share model (TBD)
All interested parties are encouraged to send an email that should include the following:
- Resume and cover letter
Please forward all applications to Dan Vila - RLTC Tennis Director at firstname.lastname@example.org