As of December 31, 2023, TPA memberships have expired. To maintain your active status and continue appearing on the TPA list of certified coaches, please take a moment to renew your membership promptly at www.tpacanada.com.
Additionally, it is crucial to complete the required Safe Sport training as part of our commitment to ensuring a safe and respectful environment within the tennis community. This training is mandatory for all coaches, and your prompt completion is appreciated.
Please contact Andrew Chappell if you have any questions about the Tennis Instructor, CP1, CP2 and CP3 courses organized by the OTA (416.514.1106 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
The Coach 2 and Coach 3 courses are organized by Tennis Canada. Please contact Jocelyn Robichaud at email@example.com if you need information or wish to register for those 2 courses.
When you click on the registration link for the course you wish to register for and find it shows 0 spots available, please still register. You will be placed on the waitlist for this course and will be notified by Andrew at the OTA if you get a spot in that course. Please also feel free to sign up for a second course in case you don't get into your first choice course.
If you register for a course and subsequently need to withdraw from it (even if you re-register for a course at a different time), you also need to let Andrew know this so the original course list can be updated.
Please note that you will need to provide a credit card as part of the online registration process. The card will be charged when you register in order for you to get onto the class list.
If you need to withdraw from an Instructor course, please let Andrew know ASAP so he can process a refund.
2023 TENNIS INSTRUCTOR COURSE SCHEDULE
For the most up-to-date information on upcoming Instructor Level 1 dates, kindly refer to the TPA course listing at https://www.tpaadmin.ca/Events/Search.aspx.
- Cost: TBA
- Minimum Age: All candidates must be turning 16 years of age or older at least one year after the course start date
- Those candidates who are 15 years old turning 16 within 1 year of the course can do all in-course testing. However, even if they have successfully completed all of the course elements, they won’t receive their Tennis Instructor certificate until their 16th birthday.
- Play Level: To complete the Demo Test Evaluation, candidates need to have a play level of at least 3.0
- Certification is comprised of demonstration, leadership, teaching, knowledge and Making Ethical Decisions evaluations
- E-Learning Modules must be completed before the course starts (approx. 3 - 4 hours needed to complete)
- Results: Candidates will not be given access to their results until both the Making Ethical Decisions (MED) module and all 8 e-learning modules have been completed.
2023 CLUB PRO 1 COURSE SCHEDULE
For the most up-to-date information on upcoming Club Pro 1 dates, kindly refer to the OTA Events Calendar at www.tennisontario.com and the TPA course listing at https://www.tpaadmin.ca/Events/Search.aspx.
- Cost: TBA
- Minimum Age: 17
- Play Level: 4.5 or higher
- Course Hours: Orientation course hours are from 6pm - 10pm; all other course days run from either 8am - 4pm or from 9am - 5pm (course is 9.5 days in total)
- Prerequisites: Tennis Instructor certification; candidates must be a TPA member*; Candidates must have 150 hours of tennis teaching work experience, or if less, have passed the Instructor course with honours; must have completed 1 version of the MED module and must have a current background check.
2023 CLUB PRO 2 COURSE SCHEDULE
For the most up-to-date information on upcoming Club Pro 2 dates, kindly refer to the OTA Events Calendar at www.tennisontario.com and the TPA course listing at https://www.tpaadmin.ca/Events/Search.aspx.
- Cost: TBA
- Minimum Age: 20
- Play Level: 5.0 or higher
- Prerequisites: Club Pro 1 certification; Must have 2 years of full-time experience or 5 years at a Seasonal Facility. Currently working full time at a year-round or seasonal facility. Candidates must be a TPA member*
- All costs for all courses include access to course manuals, the HST, and testing fees.
- Cost for the Tennis Instructor course also includes membership to Tennis Canada's Tennis Professionals Association (TPA) through to the end of 2024 (and all of the benefits of this membership, including the insurance).
- TPA benefits become active once the candidate successfully completes the course and registers for TPA membership.
- Please note that a course may be cancelled/rescheduled because of cost ineffectiveness/insufficient registration numbers, etc.
- There is an 18 month limit on taking the exam or retake following the course.
PER OTA POLICY, NO REFUND WILL BE PROVIDED TO THE CANDIDATE WHEN HE/SHE BEGINS THE COURSE AND WITHDRAWS BEFORE COMPLETION OF THAT COURSE.