Is Your Club Pro Fully Certified?
If he/she is, then his/her name will be posted on the list of certified coaches that appears on Tennis Canada's website. To check this out, please go to www.tenniscanada.com and go to the Tennis Professionals Association (TPA)/List of Certified Coaches page. If your pro's name is not listed there, then the person either does not have current certification and/or is not a current member of the TPA.
In order for an instructor/coach to maintain his/her fully certified status, he/she is required to attend a professional development activity every 2, 3, or 4 years depending on his/her level of certification. This important feature ensures your pro is up to date with regard to teaching methodology.
Job Title: Junior Program Leader
Bayview Golf and Country Club is looking to a hire a Junior Program Leader
Bayview Golf and Country club (Toronto) has 6 year-round Har-Tru tennis courts, newly renovated fitness centre & resort style pool, 18-hole golf course, pro shop, and curling. The Bayview Tennis program is vibrant and growing rapidly. We're looking for someone who is a team player and excited to become a part of something special.
Junior Program Leader Position:
The Junior Program Leader will work closely with the Director of Tennis and Head Professional. Their primary responsibility of the Junior Program Leader is to manage our progressive tennis junior program and summer camps in a professional, enthusiastic, energetic and punctual manner. In addition to working with juniors the Junior Program Leader will also be available to teach adults lessons and clinics.
Duration: September to May 20+ hours a week with potential for more. June to August 40+ hours a week
- Level 1 coaching certification by Tennis Canada
- Coaching experience with juniors and adults of all ages and levels
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Valid First Aid, CPR and/ or certification or willing to get certified
- Current police record check
Compensation/Salary: Based on qualifications and experience.
Deadline is August 22nd. The ideal candidate will start on September 11th, 2017.
Please submit all you resumes with references to Geoff Bower Geoff@bayviewclub.com, Tennis Director.
Job Title: Director of Competitive Tennis
Director of Competitive Tennis, ACE Tennis, Toronto Tennis City (NEW OPENING)
ACE Tennis at Toronto Tennis City is hiring for the position of Director of Competitive Tennis beginning in September, 2017.
Position Title: Director of Competitive Tennis, ACE Tennis, Toronto Tennis City
Location: Toronto Tennis City, 185 Balliol Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Duration: Full-Time, year round
Compensation: Based on qualifications, experience and commitment to players: total $60,000-$75,000 yearly
ACE Tennis has been the only Gold recognised TDC by Tennis Canada for the last 17 years. Ace provides opportunities for coaches who truly have the passion for player development. The Ace coaching culture is one that highlights personal development for the long term well-being of its coaches. Former Ace [All Canadian] coaches and players lead clubs and player development programs across Canada.
Ace is committed to the development of excellence in youth and its coaches through the sport of tennis. We offer leading edge tennis training and competitive programs for individual development in a supportive educational environment. We provide specific progressive programs for players of all levels and commitment. Our competitive programs are designed for players hoping to compete at a provincial, national and international level. We are committed to each player reaching their tennis goals whether it be for a university scholarship, or to compete at the professional level.
The selected applicant will have the opportunity to work with leaders in the field of coaching and player development as well as to head a program looking for excellence and performance from its players.
Located in mid-town Toronto (Canada), Toronto Tennis City offers five outdoor red Italian clay tennis courts, four of which are bubbled for play in the winter season. The club offers a clubhouse with a fireplace, change rooms with shower facilities, a patio and open outdoor green space.
We are looking for a passionate leader who has a track record in developing national level players.
The Director of Competitive Tennis reports directly to the Tennis Director and your responsibilities would include, but are not limited to the following:
1. Establish goals for programs with Tennis Director.
2. Develop lesson plans and annual plans for all competitive programs with collaboration from the Tennis Director and Assistant coaches
3. Ensure Head Coaches of each competitive program complete lesson plans, annual plans and reports to standards and on time.
4. Attend and travel to tournaments with players.
5. Develop and update annual plans for players you coach privately.
6. Provide semi-annual reports to players in the junior group lessons you teach
7. Ensure the quality of the competitive programs.
8. Attend weekly staff meeting.
9. Arrange parent and player meetings to discuss goal setting, annual plans, issues, solutions, etc.
10. Coach in the Futures, Champions, Provincial, National, and International programs, and provide private lessons for these players.
Skills and Requirements
- Team player
- Tennis Canada Coach 3, or equivalent preferred
- Willing to pursue Tennis Canada coaching certification and professional development opportunities
- University degree in Business, Psychology, Kinesiology, Education an asset
- Ability to lead, educate and inspire players and coaches
- Energetic and enthusiastic with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Creative and takes initiative
- Exhibits our values and personal characteristics of Professionalism, Excellence, Respect, Teamwork, Discipline, Pride and Courage
Application Deadline: The position will be filled once a suitable candidate has been found.
Please send resume to Craig Mercer at firstname.lastname@example.org with reference to the job title in the subject line.
Job Title: Coach
The Ontario Racquet Club (ORC), located in Mississauga, is one of the largest Tennis clubs in Canada. ORC ‘s Tennis Development Centre is recognised by Tennis Canada as one of the gold level centers in the country and has produced five indoor National champions in 2017.
We are looking for a high energy coach that will be a great addition to our team of 15 professional tennis coaches. The candidate must have the will to learn and continue developing their knowledge and will be working under the supervision of Yves Boulais (Tennis Director).
Ideal candidate should have:
- Tennis Canada CP1 level or higher
- Valid First Aid or CPR certification
- Current Police Record Check
- Experience working with juniors and adults of all ages and levels
- Strong knowledge of progressive tennis
- Experience working with young players in a performance environment is an asset
- Must be punctual, reliable and shows high level of professionalism
Job description includes
- Working as an assistant coach in the high-performance stream with players ages (7-16)
- Running adults’ clinics and Round Robins
- Private lessons for a variety of customers
- Must be available to work in the summer performance camps
Please submit resumes to Rouba Boushnak (Assistant Tennis Director) at email@example.com by August 15, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our club. We will only contact selected applicants for an interview. Candidate should be ready to start September 2017.
Job Title: Tennis Coach
Headwaters Racquet Club is looking to hire an energetic, positive and enthusiastic Tennis coach who will become part of our current staff of tennis professionals.
- Provide instruction for all levels of play, for all ages, both private and group
- Initiate, promote and implement clinics and programs as well as special events to help attract new members and interest current members
- Work cooperatively with other members of our teaching roster
- Assist with both junior and adult programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong professional and work ethic
- A desire to work with existing team of instructors
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience
- Minimum Tennis Canada CP1 or Coach 2
- Current First Aid or CPR certification
- Current Police record check
Current references must be available upon request
Hourly rate of pay will depend on qualifications and experience
Please send resume to Susan@headwatersracquetclub.com
Job Title: Seasonal Indoor Tennis Operator
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL, #17- 561, Seasonal Indoor Tennis Operator
The Town of Milton is soliciting proposals from qualified proponents for the supply and installation of an air supported structure for indoor tennis at the site of the existing Milton Tennis Club and the operation/finance of the Tennis Facility.
Site Meeting: July 13, 2017 @ 2:00 pm. Meet on site at 800 Santa Maria Blvd., Milton
Bids on forms supplied by the Town of Milton will be received by the Corporate Services Department, Purchasing on or before 11:00 a.m. local time, on:
July 26, 2017
There is a bid document fee of: $124.30 (incl. HST) for the documents. Bidders must register for the bid document to be listed as a plan taker. Submissions will only be considered from the list of registered plan takers. You may preview the document prior to registering or paying for the bid. The Town accepts payment by Visa or MasterCard. Once a registered plan taker, you may download the documents from the Town of Milton’s website using the following link - https://bids.milton.ca/Module/Tenders/en. If you prefer to pay by cash, cheque, or debit, you may obtain the bid documents at the Town Hall, Corporate Services Department, Purchasing, 150 Mary Street, 1st Floor, Milton, Ontario during business hours, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Any inquiries regarding this bid may be submitted in writing through the Town of Milton’s website – Bids and Tenders – using the “Submit a Question” link associated with this bid request.
Job Title: Coordinator, Tennis Development
Location: Tennis Canada (Toronto)
Who we are
The future is bright for tennis in Canada, and you will be right in the middle of it all at Tennis Canada! A national sport organization with a mission to lead the growth of tennis in Canada and a vision to become a world-leading tennis nation, Tennis Canada seeks to grow participation across Canada and develop champions on the international stage. Tennis Canada also owns and operates the Rogers Cup presented by National Bank tournaments in Toronto and Montreal, two of the best-run sporting events in the world which annually bring the globe’s best tennis players to Canada. In recent years, Canadian tennis has seen historic achievements, with players reaching Grand Slam finals and record high world rankings, and participation and interest on the rise. Join us as we look to build on this exciting momentum and produce even greater results. We are a team of innovators, who are passionate about our work and pursue excellence together every day.
What we are looking for
Coordinator, Tennis Development
Reporting to the Manager, Professional Events and Tennis Professionals Association, the position holder will assist with the success of the TPA. This includes growing membership, aiding in professional development opportunities, managing online content of the database, website and e-store, marketing of the TPA, and executing the day-to-day administration and customer service responsible of the TPA. This role will also support the Tennis Development department through court bookings, website management and content creation.
Branding/ marketing, growth and benefits of TPA
- Help ensuring membership growth via new instructors, club pros and coaches renewals and new members at indoor clubs;
- Coordinate the increase of the utilization of automatic membership renewal process;
- Support annual membership renewal plan, emails, letters and phone calls;
- Promote new and existing benefits/ services;
- Support TPA branding through product and promotional items, e-blast and web communication;
- Reward and recognize indoor clubs who hire TPA certified staff through gifts, certificates, listing on TPA and PTA sites and other avenues;
- Seek out opportunities for TPA branding/ marketing.
- Aide with professional development opportunities across Canada, including annual conference and awards with PTA’s, CF’s, Community dept., TDC, etc.;
- Coordinate the promotion of TPA events via website, emails and new stories.
Web management and communication
- Coordinate website and e-store (front-end, back-end);
- Aide managing the coaching database (updating coach certifications and expiry dates, TPA memberships, member addresses, # of courts, coaches working at indoor clubs, TDC coaches, etc.);
- Provide support with regular newsletters and email service to all members;
- Perform ongoing updates of articles, video clips, interviews and news sections;
- Help with the management of continued enhancements to web properties.
Aviva Centre and administration
- Manage all court bookings at Aviva Centre;
- Complete court monitors schedule weekly;
- Help administrate TPA strategic and annual plans;
- Provide customer service and daily administration.
Who you are
- University degree;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills, independent work ethic;
- Positive, passionate, hardworking;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients at all levels within the organization;
- Organization skills, ability to maintain a number of different projects concurrently;
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
- Ability to work under pressure, maintain tight schedules and work flexible hours in a dynamic and service-oriented environment;
- Energetic, self-motivated, winning attitude;
- Bilingualism (strong asset);
- Knowledge and experience in tennis and coaching (asset).
What’s in it for you
- Be part of a dynamic organization that makes a difference across Canada;
- Get in the game! Join the Rogers Cup team;
- Be part of an innovative, vibrant and passionate team;
- Join the organization that sets the standard and always strives for excellence.
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Retail Sales Staff
RacquetGuys is one of Canada’s leading racquet sports dealers. Since 1994, we have been servicing tennis, squash, badminton, and racquetball enthusiasts across Canada.
We are looking for full and part-time retail sales staff for our Markham location. Hours are flexible, but candidates will be required to fulfill some weekday evening and weekend shifts.
· Racquet Stringing (training provided)
· Assist customers in-store and over the phone
· Learn and keep up to date with racquets sport products and techniques (training provided)
· Product merchandising and counting
· Process and balance sales
· Maintain a safe and clean workspace
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Positive, enthusiastic attitude and a desire to learn
· Attention to detail
· General computer and typing skills
· Participate or interested in a racquet sport
· Retail or customer service experience is not necessary, but considered an asset
Salary or hourly rate of pay is above industry average, will depend on qualifications and may include a performance incentive.
Please email resumes to Jay VanderMoer at email@example.com or deliver in person to:
7400 Victoria Park Avenue, Unit 7
We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Title: Tennis Instructors
THE BOULEVARD CLUB in Toronto is looking to hire Tennis Instructors for 2017 summer tennis camp program.
Ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Tennis Canada Instructor Level Coaching Certification
- Valid First Aid, CPR and/ or certification
- Current Police Record Check
- Pleasant personality to apply to hospitality environment
- Experience working with young children age (3 – 14 yrs.)
- Previous tennis teaching experience
- Must be punctual, reliable and organized with good communication skills
- Overall leadership of their camp group
- Development of program plans for each day including coaching goals
- Friendly and energetic with an ability to engage kids
The Camp environment is TEAM oriented, so all staff must be able to plan and work cooperatively with others.
Start Date: June 19, 2017
End Date: Sep 01, 2017
Compensation/Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
Please submit all resumes, with references to Paul Cairns firstname.lastname@example.org, Tennis Director by March 28, 2017.
We thank all applicants for interest in our fine and dynamic club. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Tennis Instructors
Bayview Village Tennis Club in Toronto is looking to hire tennis instructors for a wide range of programs offered to its membership.
One position is available (May 1st - end of September) to instruct Adult and Children private and group lessons, along with the tennis camp.
Six instructor positions are also available in the Bayview Village Junior Tennis Camp, primarily instructing the weekday half day (1 pm – 4 pm) tennis camp program in July and August.
The Bayview Village Tennis Club has a strong and very successful reputation for tennis instructional development, built on a quality foundation the past 27 years.
All candidates must be certified, motivated and highly enthusiastic.
Please send resumes to:
Peter Nielsen Tennis Director, 12 Baymark Rd, Thornhill, ON, L3T 3X9: 905-889-7293, or send to: email@example.com, before April 7.
Job Title: Coach/Instructor
Tecumseh Tennis Club, located in Mississauga/Oakville area, (West GTA), is a neighbourhood membership club with a friendly tennis & family atmosphere.
We are looking for 1 extra Coach/Instructor (full time summer availability) for Summer Camps, July/August including September.
Candidates must be energetic and reliable! Have a friendly attitude, love for teaching kids and be an asset to our Junior program.
Be available to run Adult R Robins, Events and Junior Teen program!
Job description includes:
-Teaching Junior Evening & Weekend Clinics- Summer and Fall
-Teaching and coaching -Junior private Lessons
-Summer camps AM and PM (June to September)
-Run adult Round Robins and some Special events
TPA- Tennis Canada/Progressive Tennis or Other certification/ Equivalent are preferred. Candidates attending TPA/OTA certification programs are welcome.
Remuneration is based on Hourly fees for Clinics, Camps, Private Lessons, Round robins and Stringing.
Own Transportation/living in the Mississauga/West end GTA area preferred.
Applications will be accepted until the position iss filled, or August 15. Please email Resume to Miguel Cysneiros, TTC Tennis Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for your interest. Those with suitable qualifications will be contacted.
Job Title: Various
Location: Horshoe Valley (north of Barrie)
Oro Medonte Tennis Club (OMTC) is a vibrant Community run member Tennis club with a friendly & family atmosphere. We are situated in the heart of Horseshoe Valley, Ontario (north of Barrie). Our two court outdoor facility is home to approximately 110 members.
OMTC is currently seeking Tennis Canada certified: Coach (Club Pro 1), Instructor and a Jr. Instructor for after school Clinics and Summer Camps during the 2017 tennis season. You need to be outgoing, reliable, and be knowledgeable in all aspects of tennis and 100% committed to providing a fun and competitive playing environment for all our youth and adult players. The applicants must have Tennis Canada/Progressive Tennis or other valid certification. If you are currently attending a TPA/OTA certification program, your application will also be considered.
Candidates must be energetic, committed and reliable! Have a friendly, positive, enthusiastic attitude, love for teaching kids as well as adults.
- Ability to organize, run and help with the Adult, Youth/Family programs
- Group, semi-private and private clinics & lessons for adults
- After-school group programs for youth (ages 6 - 15)
- Summer camps (July – August, morning 3 hour sessions)
- Possess Valid Standard First Aid with CPR C Certification, an asset
- Recent police background check
The Club Pro will act as a program advisor to the Executive Board and is expected to attend regular meetings throughout the season. You will be advising and providing direction towards the tennis programming at OMTC.
Availability requirements: late April/early May to end of September, 2017
Week days, afternoon, evening and Saturday morning pending session enrolment.
Hourly Remuneration is based on qualifications, previous experience
Please email Resume to OMTC.Tennis@Gmail.com and/or Call 705 302 1132
Application Deadline: March 25, 2017
Start Date: May 1, 2017 or earlier pending weather conditions
Job Title: Summer Camp Instructor
Total Tennis in Aurora
Is looking for a Summer Camp Instructor
(July & August)
Dates: 9 Weeks of Summer
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:45am to 12:00 or 8:45 to 4pm
Details: Responsible to supervise and instruct up to 8 campers on one court,
ages 5 to 7. Working under supervision of head coach.
Requirements: Tennis Instructor Certification
Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
Pay Rate: To be based on qualifications and experience
Contact: Bill Maron (416) 565-8774 (cell)
or send Resume to Bill@Totaltennis.ca
Deadline: June 30
Job Title: Head Coach and Instructor(s)
Hespeler Tennis Club (HTC) is a member run Tennis club located in the picturesque confines of Forbes Park in Hespeler (Cambridge). With three outdoor lighted courts we provide sociable, active and fun tennis programs to our junior and adult members.
HTC is seeking a Head Coach and Instructor(s) for our in-school/after school Clinics and Summer Camps during the 2017 tennis season. We offer approximately 25 hours per week programming plus private lessons. Applicants need to be outgoing, dependable and knowledgeable in all aspects of tennis.
Head Coach position:
- Ability to organize and run Youth and Adult programs
- Group, semi-private and private lessons for adults
- In-school and After-school group programs for youth (ages 6 - 13)
- Summer camps (July – August, morning 3 hour session, afternoon 2 hour session)
- Possess Valid Standard First Aid with CPR Certification an asset
- Recent police background check
- Assist with running Youth and Adult programs
- Experience working with young children (ages 4 – 13)
- Previous tennis teaching experience an asset
- Must be punctual and organized with good communication skills
Availability requirements: May 1st to August 31st, 2017
Week days, evenings and some weekends pending program enrolments.
Hourly Remuneration is based on qualifications, previous experience
Please email Resume to email@example.com
Application Deadline: March 31, 2017
Start Date: May 1, 2017 or earlier pending weather conditions
Job Title: TENNIS PROGRAM & SERVICES DIRECTOR
Location: GSM TENNIS CLUB (Kitchener, ON)
GSM Tennis Club launched in Mar, 2016, at the CORE facility on 401 New Dundee Road in Kitchener. GSM Tennis Club has three courts which are indoor and outdoor with a proven top of the line surface from Plexipave. We are a community oriented tennis center emanating from over 60 years of combined experience.
GSM Tennis Club's primary goals are to provide the best tennis based facility, the best programming at the best possible price with the finest in active lifestyle enjoyment. GSM Tennis Club's Director of Tennis Program and Services should design, plan and implement tennis programs to include special events and clinics with a major focus on planning and developing the Tennis Program.
We are looking for a high-energy individual who is committed to growing the game of tennis.
Hours for this role are full time (40 hours per week) based upon the specific duties. Candidate is paid on an hourly basis of $44.00 per hour or higher depending on experience. Some evening and weekends will be required.
80% of the work should be focused on the development, planning and supervision of the business while 20% of the work should be focused on tennis coaching and instruction. Will be responsible for initiating, directing and promoting tennis clinic, special events and programs in an effort to attract and maintain members' tennis interests;
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing all aspects of the Club Operations:
- planning daily, weekly and annual periodization of all groups of children and adults training at the facility;
- marketing and developing new and engaging activities for the members and the non-members of the Club;
- budgeting, planning annual budget for the Club Operations and Maintenance, Tournament Budget, Staffing Budget;
- Staffing, training and recruiting seasonal staff for teaching and front desk staff;
- Website development and marketing campaigns;
- Special events organization and management including tournaments, leagues, ladders, promotional events;
- Appearances and ambassador for the Club on all social and media related events;
- High performance coaching:
- planning, training sessions based on annual tournament activities, travelling to national or international tournaments with individual or a group of players, organize all aspects of the travelling team;
- Maintaining program records of participation and performance of the players involved in the programs and staff supervision;
- Physical fitness and conditioning planning and training for all groups of players and adults involve in the Club;
- Oversee and develop coaches implementing high performance player injury prevention or rehabilitation;
- Organize and Direct Coaches-Parents meetings;
- Develop and conduct training programs on video analysis of strokes mechanics;
- Ability to mentor;
- Coaching skills;
- Verbal and written communication skills;
- Proactive problem solving skills;
- Decision making ability;
- Negotiating skills;
- Organizational skills
- Skills and competencies specializing in the sport of tennis;
- Minimum of 5 + years tennis coaching experience;
- Knowledge of the operations of tennis associations and/or tennis clubs and or tournament leagues preferred;
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification;
- Previous experience as Tennis Director of a private tennis club for a minimum of 2 + years;
- Ability to speak and write in the English language;
- University degree in sports management, sports administration or other related degree;
- Coaching Certification by Ontario Tennis Association or Tennis Canada is preferred;
- ITF Level 3 Certification or TPA Coach Level 3 or above is required;
We offer extended medical and dental benefits as well as club membership/programming benefits; The position reports to the President and Owner of GSM Tennis Club Inc. Please review our application instructions before applying. We thank all of the candidates for their application but only those who best meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Please email your cover letter stating the reasons why you believe you are the right candidate for the position, resume and salary expectations in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not accept applications made in person.
Job Title: Assistant Teaching Professional
The Beaumaris Yacht Club in beautiful Muskoka is looking to hire a motivated and energetic assistant teaching professional for the 2017 summer tennis season. BYC is located between Bracebridge and Port Carling on Lake Muskoka- a very unique private club on the lake, with a social and friendly environment.
- Candidate must be available from June 12th- August 27th
Responsibilities & requirements:
- Must be friendly, respectful, have strong interpersonal skills, be self-motivated
- Work closely with head professional and staff
- Experience working with juniors and adults of all ages and skill levels
- Assist with the junior adult programs including: junior group lessons, adult clinics, round robins, tournaments, cardio tennis and special events
- Exceptional enthusiasm, patience and experience with children
- Live on club site (room and board included) with other BYC staff members (tennis, swimming, sailing)
- Candidates must be certified and satisfy background checks
- Access to amenities including: tennis, golf, water sports, social events and functions
Please contact Head Tennis Professional David Cysneiros with resume: email@example.com.
Thank you to all applicants, suitable candidates will be contacted.
Job Title: Junior Instructors
Location: North York Tennis Club
North York Tennis Club
(Located 2 blocks northeast of Yonge and Sheppard in Toronto – www.nytc.ca)
The NYTC is looking for enthusiastic Jr. Instructors to help staff our Recreational Afterschool Program and Summer Camp Programs.
May 1st – August 31st 2017
• Provide instruction to Jr. Members of all levels
• To work within a set program of instruction with other Instructors
• Entry level instructor - Certification necessary
• Enthusiasm for instructing children of all ages
• Strong communication skills
• Police records check
Compensation is competitive and is based on experience and qualifications.
Submit Resume: Mark Connelly, Head NYTC Professional
Deadline for submission: April 30th, 2017
Job Title: Head Tennis Camp Instructor
Location: Scarborough Bluffs Tennis Club
SBTC is a member of the Scarborough Tennis Federation (STF) and the Ontario Tennis Association (OTA). Surrounded by a beautiful public park including a kid’s playground and water park, our location offers everything for the entire family to enjoy their tennis experience. SBTC has 4 outdoor courts with night lighting and a clubhouse. Our club provides a wonderful tennis experience for everyone at all playing levels.
We are looking for a Head Tennis Instructor for our full day summer tennis camp. The Head Tennis Instructor will be responsible in developing and leading the tennis component of the tennis camp. Reporting directly to the Camp Director, the Head Tennis Instructor will develop a schedule, drills, play and activities. The successful candidate will have prior experience in a camp setting, demonstrated ability to have a strong rapport with kids and a sense of initiatives.
- Level 1 OTA Instructor Certification
- Standard First Aid with CPR C Certification, an asset
- Police reference check provided by applicant upon job offer
- Well versed in Progressive Tennis teaching by Tennis Canada
- Camp counseling experience
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire children ages 5 – 15
- Energetic, enthusiastic, committed, reliable
- Ability to ensure and promote a positive and safe environment
Must be committed from July 3 to August 18, 2017, 37.5 hrs/week
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 3, 2017
Job Title: Assistant Teaching Professional
Location: Bennington Heights Tennis Club - Toronto
Bennington Heights is a quaint two court outdoor tennis club located in the Bayview and Moore area.
Candidates must be energetic, committed and reliable! Have an absolutely friendly, enthusiastic attitude, love for teaching kids and real interest to be an asset to our Junior program.
Job description includes:
- Teaching Junior After school & Weekend Clinics- Early Spring, Summer and late Fall
- Teaching Adult group clinics
- Run adult Round Robins and some Special event
- Run OTA sanctioned events
- Minimum Club Pro 1 certification
- Current Police Background Check
- Previous Experience
Please send your resumes to email@example.com, application deadline will be March 17
Job Title: Assistance Coach
Location: Dunlace Park Tennis Club
- Provide instruction for Junior Programs, Summer Camps, Adult Clinics and Private Lessons
- To have working relationships with other instructors at the camp
- Previous Tennis Pro experience
- Must be an experienced player
- Teaching Certification (Instructors or Club Pro 1)
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work with a range of skill levels
May 1st – September 2017
Are determined based on Junior Tennis Programs, Adult Programs and After School programs. Opportunity to teach private lessons as well.
Compensation: Will be determined based on background, experience & qualifications
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: March 25, 2017
Job Title: Head Tennis Pro
Location: Stony Lake Tennis Club
The Stony Lake Tennis Club is accepting applications for the position of Head Tennis Pro for the 2017 tennis season (July and August).
Job Title: Head Tennis Pro
The Head Tennis Pro(s) will work in conjunction with the SLYC Tennis Director to provide on court instruction to players of all skill levels. The Head Tennis Pro is responsible for the providing tennis instruction to players of all abilities and ages, along with organizing and executing all Club tournaments throughout the course of the season.
Ideal candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Certified TPA Coach + extensive on-court experience
- Leadership qualities
- Team player
- Friendly, approachable and respectful
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, reliable and punctual
- Professional appearance
- Provincial/National/University level play
- Current and clear police check
- CPR/First Aid a bonus
- Current boat license (as of June 2017)
- Develop and oversee entire adult and junior program
- Educate and provide appropriate expectations for staff which includes one or two assistant pro/s and two junior pros
- Create scheduling for staff
- Create lessons plans and ensure that all pros are delivering against stated lesson plans
- Project a strong presence and create a comfortable working environment for staff and Club members
- Be on court a minimum of 35 hours per week at the tennis complex. In the early weeks, the weekly expectation will be closer to 40 hours
- Availability prior to start date for training on our software platform (likely no more than two two-hour sessions)
- Mid-summer and summer-end reviews for all staff
- Attendance at weekly team meetings with pros, junior pros and Tennis Director
- Consistent communication with the Tennis Director
- Based on experience and qualifications
Please submit all resumes, with references to email@example.com by February 10, 2017.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Tennis Coaches
Location: Vaughan/York Region
ReadySetSports is seeking part-time, the services of dynamic tennis coaches to teach our exciting community tennis programs. We are looking for reliable and punctual candidates, who enjoy coaching groups. Enthusiasm/Experience for teaching all ages and abilities. Would ideally be located in the Vaughan/York region area and needs to have own transport.
- Minimum 17 years of age
- Tennis Canada Level 1 (instructor) certification
- Current Venerable Sector Screening
- Current CPR-C & First Aid
- Mandatory training orientation session
Based on experience and professional qualification.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org and phone Simon at 416-805-8334, if you need more information.